Monday, September 28, 2009

Retinoblastoma..

I knew about retinoblastoma through my reading from Reader’s Digest. The story is about how one picture save a life.

I met one baby during my elective. The baby’s eyes look abnormal to me. When I asked the mom, she said that her baby has retinoblastoma and is under HKL follow-up.

Sometimes Allah teaches us certain thing beautifully.

I remember Prof Latiff’s question on Ramsay-Hunt Syndrome and I met one case on that. I am excited as I know the diagnosis when my external supervisor asked about it. But I forgot cranial nerve examination. I am blurred at that time that cranial nerve seven is facial nerve. Allah teaches me a lesson. Allah doesn’t want me to be proud about myself.

But sometimes medicine gives me satisfaction. There is one old lady came with left-sided weakness. The doctor suspected that she is having CVA and want to discharge her after giving a referral letter and medication. I examine that patient before as I did an ECG on her. At that time, I saw that her breast already ulcerated and I know that she had breast carcinoma and it already metastasized to brain. I told the doctor about that. The doctor did an examination and then she was admitted to surgical ward.

I am not a doctor yet but I can feel ‘something’ that made me happy.

No comments: