Monday, September 28, 2009

Haya (Shyness)

The Prophet (saws) has said in one hadith, "When there is no haya left, then do as you please."

I am sad and sometimes stress when I see that there is no more shyness in one self.

Being in hospital made me asking Allah every time to put haya in my heart. I am sad when I see one nurse talk about dirty thing to MAs. I am sad when one MA asks a nurse to open her cloth as there is blood stained in her cloth. I am sad when one doctor makes a joke and said that a man is always ‘active’ and a woman is always ‘passive’ in bed.

I do not know if this culture was normal in hospital. Touching among genders seems to be normal in hospital. And of course no one is guarding their gaze. I keep on asking myself whether this is the place that I want to be. I felt that everyone is losing their track in hospital. Everyone is becoming worst in hospital.

I do not know whether I can become a good practicing Muslim when I was in hospital. I asked Allah for strength. I will choose a place where there is a good friend for my horsemanship so that there is someone to remind me. May Allah beautify haya in my heart.

No comments: