Monday, September 28, 2009

Bad communication skill...

There is one Indian women and she had cervical carcinoma. She is on morphine and she needs to take it for every four hours. She came to hospital as the medication was not enough. She complains of having body ache. The doctor screamed at the patient and said that she was also having body ache. I just want to scream at the doctor back and said that she is having cancer and you don’t have it. It was totally a different thing. But of course I am just a medical student and I cannot do anything.

There is also one Malay doctor who used ‘I’ and ‘you’ to communicate to old Malay patient. I felt that I want to slap her so that she can speak Malay properly. She doesn’t even touch her patient. I just cannot believe my eyes to see all these kinds of doctors in the hospital.

No comments: