Monday, September 28, 2009

Back..

I don't really want to open back this blog. But maybe my experience can benefit others. I share my elective experience here. Shh..

Moses Maimonides prayer.

I would like to thank Dr Musa for teaching me such a great prayer when I was in pediatric posting. That was my first and the most memorable posting.

When I was alone in hospital, I always remember the prayer. Life was really tough. Sometimes I thought that I want to quit doing medicine but this prayer came to me and inspire me to move on.

There was one time I introduced my self thrice to one doctor, she doesn’t even uttered a word. It was such an embarrassing moment as everyone was looking at me.

I was also being scolded by nurses for so many times whenever I failed to insert brannula or do the catheterization. Sometimes the nurses will frighten me by taking my hand to insert the branulla so that I understand the pain. I already underwent one operation and I knew the pain. I do not have an intention to create pain to patient but somehow I am not so good in my skill. Sometimes I do not have a confidence to move on but this prayer will motivates me back.

It’s good to be in CUCMS when my lecturer is not only preparing me for the academic purpose but also to face the reality of challenging medicine world. Thanks Dr Musa for teaching me such a great prayer.

No comments: