Monday, June 15, 2009

Surgery ~ Reflective Diary - Week 8

Academic Account

The exam was really tough for me. But I believe that everything has been destined. So I am not worrying so much.

My patient that I clerked during exam already discharged. I can’t ask her to fill the patient assessment form. I asked one of my patients that I have clerked to assess me. She had breast carcinoma and had already undergone toilet mastectomy.

I got a lot of terminal ill-patient in this posting that makes my heart burst. She is one of them. She is lucky because she really had good children. Her daughter will always be with her. I felt so touched when her son came and give her salam and kiss her. It was really a beautiful moment for me as we all know that teenagers nowadays are really terrible. I f the boy was little bit older; maybe I will fall in love. Just kidding!

She wants to give all 10 marks but then I said to her, it was impossible. Nobody is perfect. Then she gives me random marks. When I need to go, I said to her that this is my last day in hospital. I said to her that I will pray for her and may Allah gives her strength and cure her. Suddenly she starts crying. I think she knows her prognosis.

I don’t want to be there for a long time as I am afraid that I will start crying. I said thanks to her and go. I start crying after that.

Medicine teaches me a lot of things. I agree with the entire thing that had been said by Mr Ahmed Awil during grand reflection. I can’t believe that I already finished my third year. I can’t believe that I have reached this point. Alhamdulillah, Alhamdulillah and Alhamdulillah. I am nobody without Allah’s help.

S - I have Allah with me. Be in medical field that really teach me about life.

W - Easily cried, how I am gonna to become a doctor?

O – Be more mature in this field; see more cases, built confidence.

T - Make patient uncomfortable with my crying habit

Non Academic Account

One of my schoolmates died. He is a third year medical student and study in Cairo University. He just finished his exam and went to search a place to organize an Islamic program. But Allah loves him more; he alleged an accident and syahid peacefully.

I want to die like him. I really want syahid. I hope and always prayed that Allah grant it for me one day.

I have a lot of works to do. I am in charged for tazkirah Session this Saturday. I need to help my friend for Sister Talk today.

I am also missed my home terribly. I am going back to Johor this Sunday. My heart beat so fast to wait for that moment.

S - Remembrance of death will always give me motivation.

W - Can’t wait to go home.

O - Use my holiday effectively

T – Died in a bad way.

No comments: