Monday, June 15, 2009

Surgery ~ Reflective Diary - Week 7

Academic Account

What a short week..!! What a busy week..!! I need to finish my long case presentation within this week. Luckily I already have enough patients for my long cases; it is just that I didn’t have enough time to write a proper long case. Alhamdulillah, lastly I managed to finished it. This week I spent my time in the clinic. It was a great learning experience. I did a lot of wound dressing at the clinic. I didn’t have the opportunity to do that in Terendak but Alhamdulillah I got the chance to learn how to do it properly and at the same time perform it. The staff nurses were so kind and helpful. We thanked them because they put 100% trust in us. Even the patients were so cooperative to allow us to do the wound dressing even though they know that we are only the medical students.

But I am so sad with myself. I am easily tired. I manage to draw blood but I failed to insert brannula. Maybe my friends are right. They said that I am a gangster. I am not good in skill. So sad that I can’t complete my log book. Nevermind,I will be doing emergency medicine for my elective and I can practice more. Insya Allah, i will become a good doctor.

S – Still manage to complete work eventhough I am terribly tired
W – Gangster, I am not good with skill.
O - Practice more during elective
T - My log book was not completed and there is high risk that I am going to get scolded.

Non Academic Account

I spend my weekend studying. I am not motivated actually but still trying to do the best. I am afraid with physical examination. Seriously I hate the way exam being conducted. I can’t focus. Afeera, be patient! 1 more week to go then I will enjoy holiday perhaps if I am not fail. Allahu A’lam. Allah knows what the best for me.

Every grain of sand
In every desert land, He knows
Every shade of palm
Every closed hand, He knows
Every sparkling tear
On every eyelash, He knows
Every thought I have
And every word I share, He knows
Allah knows

S- Believe that Allah is always there for me, His rope is strong and will never waver. His provision is there for all who are in need.
W - Easily tired, is should do blood test when I went back to Johor
O – Exam is an opportunity but it can also be threats, but then everything is destined. In His Dominion we exist for as long as He wills. And we call upon His bounty through prayer. And seek His favors through hope. For He is our refuge when difficulty strengthens its hold
T - Failure but then that was the best that Allah has plan for me.


No comments: