Sunday, May 17, 2009

Surgery ~ Reflective Diary - Week 3

Academic Account

I still failed to insert brannula. There are still so many things that I don’t know. I have a problem in this posting in terms of reading. I am tired and failed to read most of the times.

I read doctor’s blog. The ward round for houseman is about 9 times a day. I am afraid to face my future life. May Allah give me strength to face all the difficulties.

I stayed in the hospital on Sunday as I am in Malacca and not going anywhere else. I can’t read in my room as it is a suitable place to fall asleep. If I am bored, I went to ED. The nurses and MA complained to me about doctor. I saw them being scolded by patient as the doctor still not around after 4 hours of waiting. The MA introduced me as a doctor to make the patient calm and said that they need to wait for their ‘boss’ to come. I just was being a good listener there. I don’t even know what I need to do.

I agree with Dr Rafizi that medicine is too much. The more I learn about medicine, I felt that I am more stupid.

S- I still have motivation to study

W- Felt so stupid

O – Study more

T - Give up in the journey

Non Academic Account

I went to my matriculation reunion in Saturday. They organized it in Bukit Sumpai. I am happy to meet my friends. But I am also sad to met one of my best friend as she had SLE. 1 month ago when I met her, she was still thin. But when I met her now, she looks like a patient that has a Cushing’s Disease. The doctor will do renal biopsy on her.

So life is a test. No doubt. A test in the good and the bad. Are we thankful? Are we patient? This life is short. And the next life is eternal. Simple words to write and read. But how simple is it for the heart to understand? Allah (swt) states in Surah Al-Ankabut in the first verse...."Do men think that they will be left alone on saying, "We believe", and that they will not be tested?" Masha'Allah this topic is big and important. So many points to touch on - life's tribulations, patience, this life versus the next, trust in Allah, sacrifice.

These topics run throughout the Quran. One example that is coming to mind is the Story of Ibrahim (AS) when he was asked to sacrifice his son. That was a trial, which needed patience and trust, which needed Ibrahim to be aware of his Lord and the next life (Taqwah), a trial which needed him to be full of Iman and ready for a trial which hit him. And he passed and Allah blessed him with another son and grandsons and then nations. Alhamdullillah. Look at the verse in Surah Al-Talaq "in action"..."and whoever is careful of (his duty to) Allah, He will make for him an outlet". Ibrahim was given an outlet and was rewarded greatly. There is so much to write here...so many examples from the past and present show that whoever is patient in Allah's trials and whoever is grateful when times are good...they will be the ones who will succeed.

So do I have the Iman to pass life's test? I need to reflects on that..

S - I have many good friends that reminds me of Allah most of the times

W – Easily sad

O – Pray for my friend, may Allah give her strength

T- Focusing in my daily activity in duniya and forgot akhirat.

No comments: