Sunday, May 17, 2009

Surgery ~ Reflective Diary - Week 2

Academic Account

Alhamdulillah, this is our first week ini Terendak. It is good to make sure all of us list down the patients in the ward and it cases. It will be easy for all of us to read about them and I must always bear in mind, Dr Ahmed Awil and Dr Yusra will ask person in charge of that patient about the case deeply. I must make sure that I study the case as much as I can and exchange it with all my friends.

I learn a lot of things in the clinic. It is little bit challenging to find the patient as they tend to hide sometimes. I know that not everyone like all these young future doctors. I must always remember that as I myself hate my life in hospital if I need to go there as a patient.

Previously I thought that surgeon is good only in anatomy but then I am wrong. They’re just so excellence in everything. Masya Allah, they’re so great. I have SMS (Short Memory Syndrome) and I felt so jealous with every single person that has such a good memory.

One of my weaknesses that I discover is that I don’t know how to read medical book. If I read about abscess, I don’t know that it is so important to understand the definition of abscess until Dr Ahmed address it. I will not address ‘capsular and vascular invasion’ if I myself read a book. The best way to study for me is by watching all the medical video. I am just wondering if there is any audio medical ebook like audio e-novel as I am an auditory learner..Huhu..

S – Thousand of videos in the net that helps me in my studying as I am an auditory learner

W – Don’t know the right ways to read medical books. Don’t know which one that needs to be highlighted.

O - Use internet to find medical videos

T - Tends to do other things while surfing for medical videos

Non Academic Account

I went back to Johor. I just love my home. Baiti Jannati. I love my family so much. I felt so motivated after I met them. They love me unconditionally. No one can give such love except them. Alhamdulillah, Allah is so great to put love inside their heart.

If Allah allows me I had flied to the sky to bring the stars as gift for them, but He the Almighty says the stars is for the lamps that adorn the sky and the missiles to drive away the Syaithan… Therefore I let them there as the adornment of sky so that they can keep seeing its beauty.


I want them to know, for me they are like the stars in my life that always lighten my sky; they adorn my life with so many beautiful things…

They always motivating me in every single thing that I do. They inspire me to write. I really hope that I can become a writer one day.

Afeera, surgery had not finished yet..Please study!

S – Good family that inspire me

W - Love to go back home and doesn’t like staying in the hostel

O - I am going to elective in Johor. So I am gonna to have 2 months holiday in Johor.

T - Afraid if the love fade after marriage or when I become successful. Nauzubillah..

No comments: