Sunday, May 17, 2009

Surgery ~ Reflective Diary – Week 1

Academic Account

The most memorable thing that I observed in this week was the post mortem of 11 year old boy during my oncall. Miss Teoh invited us to follow her. It was really traumatic experience for me. I am not afraid but I just cannot imagine if that thing happen to me or if it happen to someone that close to myself. I cried and cried behind the mask. I don’t know how I am going to become a doctor with this crying habit.

Surgery was little bit harder for me as I am weak in anatomy. But I am more motivated to study in my clinical years. I am not enjoying my pre-clinical years as I am thinking a lot of my disease. Sometimes I am still afraid when I went to ward and look at all the blood and the surgery scar. I remembered my experience underwent surgery before. I am afraidddd…….

Allah gave me that experience so that I can understand my patient and all the pain. Afeera, be motivated!

S – more motivated in clinical years
W - crying habit
O - be more stronger by looking at the strength that Allah gave to every patient that I met in the ward
T - traumatic about post mortem

Non Academic Account

I am happy to go back to Kampung Parit Lapis Bangas. I spent 3 days and 2 nights there. This is my third visit. It was worth it going there after all. The mak, ayah and family angkat were super nice.We were treated as if we are their own sons and daughters. The food? Owh its super duper good.One of our main activities were eating and eating.We had like 7 dinners everyday.

Just like in previous medical check-up activity, our Prof Latiff would surely do some clinical teachings there whenever there is an interesting sign and symptoms discovered among the patients during the event.This time, I managed to see things such as chronic tophaceous gout, Marcus-Gun eye sign, Pterygium eye ,Podagra,Heberden's node as well as Bouchard's nodes of Osteoarthritis,symptomatic viral hepatitis,classical chronic uraemia signs and symptoms etc.

One thing that made me sad when I go there is when I look that the villagers are so interested and dying for Academy Fantasia. I hate Akademi Fantasia so much and I felt that watching at animal in National Geographic Channel is more benefit for me.

Sometimes I am just so sad to look at the ummah. They just forgot their purpose in life. My responsibilities are soooooooo bigggg……Afeera, wake up!

S - good family angkat
W - forgot about my responsibilities to study very hard
O - do dakwah
T - eating so much, gaining more weight and sick

No comments: