Saturday, August 30, 2008

Week 2 Pediatric Posting..

Week 2 Pediatric Posting

Academic Account

Alhamdulillah, I am now in second week of pediatric posting. I am still blurred about the system. I am blurred on writing the case write up. I am blurred with the system itself. I found myself was in a difficult situation.

I tried to be positive each time I am scolded. There were too many things that I don’t even know. Sometimes it was really difficult to ask to anyone here. But there were still few people that are truly helpful.

I think that there were too many things to learn. During our pre clinical year, we are assessed during OSCE according to the question that we had asked. But now we need to present the case. Too many things need to be asked even about fever. I really hope that there were lecturers that can teach us all that and listened to our presentation so that we know about our mistakes.

I had opportunity to see a bronchiectasis patient that had a kyphoscoliosis this week. I had also seen a Prader Willi syndrome patient. There are many more things to read during weekend.

S – Still following ward round and ready to be scolded
w- Cannot be independent
o- Improving and revising during weekend
t – Being so blurred with pediatric

Non Academic Account

There were not so much things to do during the weekend except doing revision. But I had the opportunity to meet the juniors in the college.

This week also we will have usrah back. Usrah is something that I missed for a long time. It is really sad when the study cycle doen’t take place for two weeks. I felt my soul was really emptied. I like bioethics presented by Prof M. It gives back motivation when I learned about Moses Maimonides prayer.

I hope the usrah will fill back my soul.

S- usrah had been a great motivation
w- Feel empty
o- Tried to listen on the lectures on the internet
t – Not motivated

Pledge
I hope that I can be motivated for the coming week.

No comments: