Saturday, August 30, 2008

Week 1 Pediatric Posting...

Week 1 Pediatric Posting

I had to write log book in my college every week. This was the writing that I wrote in my log book…

Academic Account

Alhamdulillah, I already started third year. It is like a dream for me as I am not so good like others. I am blurred with the system at first as I don’t really know the things that I should do. I learned and remember more by following ward round. I am not so good in memorizing but when I look at the sign, I remember better. For example, I remember about broncholitis obliterans, Harrison’s sulcus, pectus carinatum, intercostals recession when I look at the sign.

I learned a lot of things. Iman and I went to the hospital at night. I felt that the doctor there was more helpful during night. They are more relaxed at that time and ready to teach something. But they don’t really had time if we met them at the morning as they’re terribly busy to prepare for the ward round.

This week, I manage to see venopuncture. I felt sad for the baby. I don’t felt that I want to become pediatrician as I am afraid to handle tiny babies. I also experienced to follow my patient to take x ray. For the first time in life, I saw the procedure on taking babies’ x ray.

Hmm…Sometimes I felt that I am bringing my feeling while doing my work. I felt like I want to cry when I met one child that gone to die soon as she had multiple complex CHD. I am attaching to that child. I love to play with her. I felt motivated to see her mom. I also felt that a doctor should not be arrogance. Doctor doesn’t have any power. Even though they seem to know everything, they just have their limitation. Allah with His name AlQahhar can do anything.

This week also, I lost my punch card. I need to do a police report and made a new card. I just use it for one day and it lost. Allah knows best. The good thing that I learned through this experience was to give salam to anyone that you met. I met one woman in the lift and I gave her salam. Then only I knew that she works at administration unit. When I met her again, she helps me a lot. Salam is something easy to do and it makes my life easier.

S – I have good stamina
W - I am still confuse regarding clinical year
O – Met the doctor and present in front of them
T – Shyness

Non Academic Account

I went fo sunathon in Kampung Pa Ba in Terengganu. We don’t go for sunathon in Kelantan. I don’t know the exact feeling. I felt stressed as the bus plan to go back to KL at 10 pm Saturday but then they said that the bus was break down and we need to go back to KL on Sunday morning. We had already paid RM100 for the ticket and need to face all these things.

I already knew that everything that happens in my life has already being planned by Allah and that must be the best. But sometimes, it is terribly hard to face everything with open heart.

Another thing that makes be little bit sad is that we just need to handle pre and post procedure only. We can’t handle the circumcision. The total number of the children is about 30. The MA there is about 25. The student from Rusia, UK, and Mesir is about 60. We are just coming from far away to handle pre and post procedure. I do think that they can handle it. It is just so easy.

But then I reflect back, should I have become sad for that thing? I should be humble. I am just His servant. It might be not so worth it to go but it might be the test that Allah gave me to see my humbleness. I hope that I can wash back my heart that was so dirty.

I had opportunity to teach the children there about Islam. I teach them simple nasyid like ‘Anak Nabi’. Sometimes it is really sad to see that they don’t even know about Rasulullah SAW. Allah wants to teach me regarding the reality of the ummah. I hope that I can do something for the ummah in the future.

S - I just realize that I can get close toward children
W- Difficult to accept everything with open heart
O – Go to any program and try to seek the hikmah
T – Easily stress

Pledge
I hope that I can finish all the works that I plan.

No comments: