Sunday, January 25, 2009

History...

Yesterday has already become history for me. For the first time in my life, I give a health talk in front villagers in such a huge hall. When I was invited to give the speech, one of my friends came and said that Prof want it to be fast. I plan to talk a lot but the time given for me was limited.

I don’t felt regretted for what had happen. Why? Because my other friends already deliver all the things that I want to say during their presentation. The night before, they asked a lot of things and I just give them all the ideas.

“Ummu, what can I say about breastfeeding?” (The topic on breastfeeding was really close to me because I was the one that has been given the task to talk about it during pediatric posting. I was also asked to demonstrate using a model the right way to breastfeed child during obstetric and gynecology posting).

“Ummu, how can I correlate between stress and solat?”

“Ummu, what are the 5 things that Rasulullah asked us to grab? The hadis that said that we must grab something before something? What is the hadis?”

“Ummu, what Islam said about health? What are the verses in the Quran that said about health?”

And whatever I said to them that night, they deliver it during their presentation.

Do you want to know who my friends are? They are the one that has been said as IRRELIGIOUS by one of my lecturer.

When I heard to their presentation yesterday, I felt that I want to cry. Allah teaches me a lot of things yesterday.

I can’t tell much but there was a time in my life that I am giving up with my group. My group was recognized as the worst group among the all the groups in my batch. The dean of clinical wants to meet my group since our first posting because of the problems that we create.

Whenever I gave a tazkirah in front of my colleagues, I always felt that I want to cry. I always wondering, where is the syabab like Mus’ab that will talk and do a lot of things about Islam? I am always wondering about my male colleagues.

I and one of my usrah mates met my lecturer and ask that we want to have a tazkirah (reflection) session every morning. My lecturer agrees with it. I create the timetables. Everyone in the group will have to give reflection. The reflection sessions really benefit everyone and I can see the changes in my friends right now.

When they deliver their speech in front of the villagers yesterday, I felt that my colleagues will bring back Islam. I felt that I was like looking at Mus’ab at that moment. I always believe that Islam will become victorious one day.

Allah has put me in the best group ever. There is great ajr (reward) in every difficulty. Sometimes I felt that the journey of dakwah is full of bitterness. But when I look at all these things, I can felt such a great feeling that I myself can’t describe it.

Yesterday is history but it teaches me something. Don't judge people, regardless of what the do or say, look for the good in them and keep your duty to them as a Muslim sister/brother. Love your brethren Fi'sabilillah, and don't worry about the rest. Insha'Allah Allah will take care of it; after all He is The Best of All Judges, The Most Knowing, and The Most High.

Thank you Allah for teaching me such a great lesson yesterday!

No comments: